Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Impulse

Two men are standing in a very long line. One is noticeably tall , the other is vertically challenged.The taller man is in front of the shorter man in line.
TM-(Tall man) 
SM-(Short man)
RPIL- (Random Person In Line)
(line moves and SM accidentally bumps TM)
SM- Oh, sorry about that. 
TM- No problem, how's it going down there little man 
SM- Fine, Little man!? what are you saying?
TM- Oh you know well i kinda noticed I'm all the way up here and your all the way down there, ha ha.. (awkwardly)
SM- Sir, are you implying that I'm short?
TM- No I...
SM- I find that to be extremely rude and offensive, how do you know I'm so short? From my view your freakishly tall! 
TM-I am not FREAKISHLY tall! Yes i am considered a tall man but i never called you FREAKISHLY short did i sir!? i guess i was just making conversation, you know small talk. 
SM- SMALL talk, really another hit at me being short again!?... You just keep pushing it. 
TM- That's not what I meant!, What is your problem. 
SM- My problem?! Here i am minding my own business patiently waiting in line when I accidentally bump into Godzilla, then he turns around and call's me a little man!?.... Just cause your taller than everyone else doesn't mean you should go around calling everyone little!
TM- Alright you are taking this way out of context, look I'm sorry I commented on your lack of height, but sir you are the one pointing finger's and making fun of me calling me "Godzilla" and freakishly tall,  i find that just to be just as offensive, but in all honestly i could care less about what other people think of me, so give it a rest stumpy. 
SM- ......
TM- Oh don't know what to say to that do you! ...  
SM- No I'm above arguing this any further.  
TM- Oh I see, Short man too "good" for this coversation, Your "above" arguing further ha ha, from what i see your not "above" anything. Well at least not anything in this line ha ha ha ha ha! 
SM- Would you shut up! I swear i'll have security come pound your ass
 (Lady behind short man says...)
RPIL- Could you guy's stop, this is getting really annoying. And by the way youre next sir (Say's to Tall Man) 
 TM-oh,... sorry miss. (awkwardly Exits)
 

2 comments:

  1. Action: Short Man want's Tall Man to feel inferior to him and shamed at his "commenting"

    Conflict: Tall Man think's he wasn't being rude and argue's with Short man.

    Event: Both character's motive's are not met and okwardly move on.

    Changes: I might have started the scene more in the midddle, or continue the scene after Tall Man is called next in line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I submitted this November 4 (Shown Above) i still have no credit for this assignment?

    ReplyDelete